Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Civil Procedure final by any other name...

NOW READING: lots of boring law school crap

So. Clearly I am not reading anything fun because today is, after all, Finals Eve. But I do have thoughts. Here are some of them:

The Buffalo Creek Disaster made me so angry, but it also reminded me if I had any doubt whatsoever that I never ever ever want to be a lawyer. Ugh.

If I were allowed to read anything fun right now, last Tuesday was certainly a bonanza of new book laydowns! Michael Chabon, Barbara Kingsolver, Elizabeth Berg. All in one day! I touched Chabon's new one, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, a lot. I daresay I fondled it. It's an alternate universe in which FDR made Alaska a safe haven for Jews escaping Hitler when they failed to establish the state of Israel in 1948. I so so so so so want to read it. Now. Sigh. Soon, though. Very soon.

And in a mere nine days and seventeen hours will be my triumphant return to The Name of the Rose!

No comments: