Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Always on the outside looking in on others' lives..."

NOW READING: The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

I thought some more today about William and Adso trying to figure out how they'll find their way around the labyrinthine library. (Mostly because I haven't had time to read that book so I still haven't progressed beyond that point.)

Adso asks why they could figure it out from the outside but they couldn't figure it out before, while they were still inside. William says it's like Earth/God's creation: God the Creator understands it from the outside but we, who find ourselves plunked down inside life, don't understand it at all.

You guessed it: I think this, too, is like law school.

(Read my main blog for today's other insights into my law studies. )

No comments: